Friday, September 16, 2005

I was just thinking how Steve Dahl ruined Mark Knopfler's Golden Heart album for me by saying on the air that he liked it. Isn't that awful? I dislike a man so much that he can ruin an entire album for me, and what in the hell was I doing listening to that whale for anyways?

For those that don't remember, Steve Dahl used to be cool. He authored the infamous Disco Demolition Night in Chicago, if only I could have been there! Actually, when I think about it, I was only two at the time, so it would have sucked for me and I probably would have shit my diapers, but I digress. Steve had a show with Gary Meier, it was called (you guessed it!) Steve & Gary, and it was really funny because Steve was always drunk and he was actually funny when he was wasted off his ass. He then decided to sober up, put on a couple hundred pounds and suck up the afternoons in Chicago.

This was during my high school days, the days when radio was cool, I am referring to the early 90's. We had JB, Kevin Mathews, Steve & Gary, it was good. Now radio sucks. I have NO ONE to listen to in the mornings. At least at noon I have Al Franken, but what about mornings? Mancow is and always has been a fraud, I never cared for Howard Stern (slapping a stripper on the ass with a fish, okay, so that was funny), Mike North is stupid, Jerry Springer is AWFUL, it's all bad. I've resorted to NPR, but give me JB! Once again, I digress.

The point I was making was, I think, that some people can ruin a good thing by being people you hate. The following people ruin all sorts of things for me: Dubya ruins America for me, Limbaugh ruins good debate, Dusty Baker (I hate that piece of crap) makes it impossible for me to root for the Cubbies, Barry Bonds made me hate the achievements of Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire, and of course that rotten Edward Moskal made the PNA dead to me.

No comments: