Friday, September 16, 2005

Get Your Damn Shoes Out of the Hallway!

So I live in a Condominium and we have our assessments due the same day each month. In the past 14 months I have been late by one day twice, but nonetheless I get this bullshit late fee, which under the "rules" I deserve. The guy that doles out the late fees is my next door neighbor and acts as if he is a "friend", he is pretty damn anal about it all. Though I have to question whether a "friend" shouldn't first come up to you and say "hey, come up with the assessment money or I have to give you a late fee under these damn rules". So I guess he isn't a friend, I would never give MY friend a late fee.

The beauty of the whole thing is that this guy is breaking the rules himself, you see his front door is barricaded by what has become his personal shoe closet. It's really a hallway, but he acts like it's an IKEA wardrobe for shoes. He has a chair, a big ole rubber mat, and not less then ten pairs of shoes on that damn mat. Granted, I don't really give a damn what people put out in front of the units, but a shitload of shoes? Plus it really pisses my wife off. To boot (pun intended) it is against the rules of the condo we live in. So since my "friend" feels it is okay to dole out late fees for being one day late I feel okay with what I'm going to do. I'm going to do the same thing he does to me every time I'm late with an assessment, I'm going to slip a note under his door, it's going to say "
Get Your Damn Shoes Out of the Hallway!" Then I'll throw in a fee for breaking the Condo rules. How do you like them apples?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As per usual - I don't get it. Are we still using cash? checks? A standing monthly money transfer from your account to the receiver's account would save this from even being an issue... Or?

I don't get it.

However, I do understand the hallway-issue (hurrah!). Regulations in our building state that it is a firehazard to leave anything flammable in hallways. It's not like people understand that though..

That seems to be a worldwide problem; unlike internetbanking.... :)

Anonymous said...

Checks are the norm, no automatic transfers for a small association like ours. Problem is you don't get a bill, you have to remember to pay your monthly assessment by a certain date or you get the dreaded note slipped under the door.

My point simply being, how 'bouts a friendly reminder neighborino? But I guess it is for the best, made me ballsy enough to demand a shoe removal.