Wednesday, October 12, 2005

David Gray in Chicago was almost rocking


"and go fuck yourself!!!!!" said my wife. Jokingly of course, she says it all the time. Can David Gray rock out? I mean it's Babylon this and I Act a Little Strange that, but is it really rocking? And yes, I did not start this paragraph with a proper topic statement, I always hated topic statements, I didn't use a capital letter to start the sentence either, grammar police, but I digress. I was surrounded by approximately 9 women at the concert, young and old; I thought I was at a Tom Jones concert. I saw a guy I knew named Jeff, the guy split as soon as he saw me, probably embarrassed to be seen at this chick fest. At one point I was expecting streams of panties to be thrown onto the stage as David belted out yet another love melody, all I heard around me was "oh, I love this song!" The greatest part was looking at the men in the room, I knew most of them probably liked David, but next to other guys it may have seemed a little whimpish to belt out "No, it ain't love guiding me". Me on the other hand, I'm a little more secure in my manliness, I'm okay with looking like a pussy. I was singing along to every tune I knew, because what these insecure fellows couldn't grasp was that David was singing these tunes, and the chicks dig him! So being a pussy is okay, at David Gray concerts. This wasn't an Alanis Morissette concert, if you started singing "It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
", that would be uncool, and you would be a pussy, and it wouldn't be okay. David Gray is a guy though, so we get more freedom with that. Plus, he was rocking on Babylon, really. After the show I asked my wife who she thought was better in concert, Knopfler who we had just seen recently, or David Gray, she scoffed at me and said "Knopfler of course, no comparison", and then she added "now go fuck yourself!"

No comments: