Wednesday, October 05, 2005


Belarus! Belarus!

We love Belarus! Man, has anyone ever read the English language versions of the Russian Pravda? Well, I was reading an article in Pravda about the announcement that Alexander Milinkevich would be the opposition to Alexander Lukashenko in the next presidential elections. Pravda claims Milinkevich leans towards Poland because his ancestors took part in Polish rebellion against Russia in 1863. Wow! Is that a reach or what? Man, I'd like to find an American senator who had ancestors who had slaves in the south, and then I'll say the guy is clearly against civil rights and for segregation. Clearly any opposition candidate to Lukashenko will lean towards the west and Poland happens to be right smack dab west of Belarus. I still found the argument funny, I had never heard of anyone using the actions of what an ancestor did 150 years ago as proof of anything today.

Poor, poor Belarus. I don't feel sorry for them, (except those getting cracked down on) I blame the Belarussians for the predicament they are in. They voted for this asshole, they got democracy and then voted for a guy that looks like Gomez from the Addams family, mixed in with some Stalin and a sprinkle of Hitler.

No comments: