Thursday, January 26, 2006

The big 29. I only have a year of the twenties left in me, quite a depressing conundrum. What do I do with my last year as a twenty-something? I am quite surprised how unexcited I am at the prospect of turning 29. 28, 27, 26, they were afterthoughts, and birthdays are always fun, but this 29th one is different. I'm not looking forward to it at all. It's like a countdown to 30, and even though they say 50 is the new 30, 30 is not the new 20, or even 25. 30 is what it is, 10 years removed from 40. If you haven't accomplished anything by 40, you probably won't, that's just the way things are. So at 30 you get to feel all that pressure of having to make something of your life by 40. And at 29 you know that all that pressure is just around the corner. Plus, did you know Michelangelo was 29 when he completed David? That really makes me feel good, aughhhh. 16, 18, 21, all those birthdays gave you stuff to look forwards to. 29? It should be called 30 -1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Bialynia, already in your 30th year, congratulations making it this far with such a lack of intellectual capacity. If you're as old as you look in the cartoon caractiture at 30, heaven forbide what you'll look like at 40.

Did you also know, that Michelangelo missed a muscle in his sculpture of "David?". Did you further know, that the block of marble was cast aside as useless by a previous sculptor of the Court in Italy lying unused for years before Michelangelo reclaimed the marble and created David?

NG

PS whatsamatta you...no guts responding to my answer to your "comment" on NewsGnome? Just a chicken, or not brains?